Head of department:
Assoc. Prof. Teodora Daneva, PhD
Assoc. Prof. Tania Dimova, PhD
Assoc. Prof. Pavel Rashev, PhD
Chief Assistant Ivaylo Vangelob, PhD
Chief Assistant Silvina Zaprianova, PhD
Chief Assistant Despina Poupaki, PhD
Chief Assistant Antonia Terzieva, PhD
Biologist Desislava Ankova
Main research topics
Head of department – Assoc. prof. Pavel Istiliynov Rashev
Basic research topics
- Factors and mechanisms controlling cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis in male and female reproductive systems.
- Identification, characterization and functional activity of receptors and ligand molecules participating in gametes interaction.
- Immune-endocrine regulation of the ovarian function. Biological and clinical significance of autoimmunity against ovarian antigens.
- Local regulatory factors and mechanisms in structural remodeling of cellular immunity during the phases of implantation and pregnancy.
- Development of model systems and methods for the study of the fertilizing capability of gametes in vitro, the diagnosis and treatment of immunologically mediated infertility in humans and animals.
- Role of metalloproteinases in normal breast physiology and in breast pathology.
New information is comming soon…